Assign modules on offcanvas module position to make them visible in the sidebar.

  • email+16049311666

Self-Employment Program Overview

The Residence Permit for the Purpose of Self-Employment
Business operators who are from non-EU countries and who manage their company on location in Germany as a self-employed person require a residence permit for the purpose of self-employment (Aufenthaltserlaubnis für selbständige Tätigkeit).

This is generally issued if
•    an economic interest or a regional need regarding the intended business activity exists,
•    positive economic consequences are to be expected from the investment project,
•    the planned investment has secure financing in place.

The immigration office consults the local trade office (Gewerbeamt) as well as local trade and business associations, e.g. local Chambers of Industry and Commerce (Industrie- und Handelskammer) or the Chambers of Skilled Crafts (Handwerkskammer).

The Settlement Permit
A residence permit for the purpose of self-employment is limited to a maximum of three years.
If the investment project is successful (and success and subsistence appear to be secure over the long term), after three years it is possible to apply for a settlement permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis).
A settlement permit is unrestricted in time and place and automatically includes the right to take up gainful employment

We prepare the business plans, arrange for company registration/ purchase in Germany, provide legal consultancy and prepare application forms.